[Vision2020] Choices

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Fri Jul 24 17:14:05 PDT 2009

One theory I've heard about why some are gay is that over-crowding causes some kind of hormonal shift in susceptible individuals that prevents them from being attracted to the opposite sex in order to reduce the amount of babies that will be in competition in an over-crowded environment.

Since there is an innate desire to mate (not just in the sexual sense, but to fall in love with another (maybe the best gift God gave us)), those who aren't attracted to the opposite sex will find a like-minded person of the same-sex so that they too can enjoy the benefits of coupling. It's unfortunate that some of our fellow humans are so afraid of gay people (maybe because some have an inherent attraction to the same sex and are afraid of being tempted and ostracized???) that their bigoted brains will do what they can to squash gay people and their rights.

Considering that there are still gay people who are out of the closet in such and unfriendly environment suggests that they can't help being gay. They were born that way. God didn't abort them. They are some of the most brilliant people around and should be given equal opportunities and benefits as everyone else.

Those who don't want gays to be happy in marriage should be ashamed of giving them such a hassle. If we all could just understand that letting love blossom is healing, this world, including families, would be such a better place. That alone is a benefit we should all embrace...

 Garrett Clevenger