[Vision2020] true colors revealed

g. crabtree jampot at roadrunner.com
Thu Jul 23 07:03:43 PDT 2009

Since I don't have the councils latest insult to business and private property out of my system yet, lets take a new peek at Dan Carscallen's kick off remarks ("we don't go looking for ways to make people angry" amongst other earthier comments) concerning the issue in light of this V2020 post from 29 March 2007.

[Vision2020] An article from IdahoStatesman.com   Dan Carscallen

"I'm all for adopting the whole "no smoking" deal like Washington.
Having a beer in a Pullman pub is a much more pleasant experience."

Dan, I supported you thinking that you would be able to separate yourself from your selfish desires. You ran as a small government, pro business candidate who would refocus city government where it belonged. You have knocked that notion right into the trash bin. I don't see how I, or anyone will be able to take any promise you make seriously in the future. You had better hope that come re-election time your seat doesn't hang by a single vote. Your opponent would have to be vile (e.g. Campbell,  the hamster, Beelzebub, etc.) before I would reconsider lending you my support.