[Vision2020] Big Brother Strikes

Wayne Price bear at moscow.com
Mon Jul 20 21:51:51 PDT 2009

Well, we got the kind of government we deserve based on the ram-
rodding thru of the non-smoking  law passed tonight by the council.
Lets start now and remember this in NOVEMBER.
REMEMBER that the current council said it will NOT effect business!

No smoking within 20 feet of a door way of anyplace where smoking is
banned, so effectively the seating areas of Mikey's, One World,  and
Nectar among others, is now a non smoking area  that will according to
the council be enforced by the Moscow City Police Department. This
also effectively closes the smoking room at Buccers. And the idea of
an indoor area, designated for smoking was also removed prior to the
final vote.  They did throw out one bone, IF there is a patio area
that fits Big Brothers ruling, it can have a roof, just no walls and
has to be non-accessible from outside!

Think about this one this coming winter: Smoker, who can't smoke in a
bar, decides to go out to his/her car and starts the engine to keep
warm and have a cigarette, God help you if you're over the limit,
because now big brother can get you for DUI!

Think about WHERE on the sidewalks in downtown Moscow there is 20 feet
on a side walk  not effected by Big Brother

Also to "level" the playing field, PRIVATE clubs are included in the
ban.

What a great place Amerika is!