[Vision2020] dragons and unicorns and...

bear at moscow.com bear at moscow.com
Tue Jul 14 11:46:26 PDT 2009

Ken,

There is nothing wrong with the sewer system. That's why our esteemed
leadership and streets department have the streets lower than the sewer
inlets, so the water that would normally flow into the sewers just stays
on the roadway to evaporate in a natural way!
Water runs down hill, so if the sewer openings are above the lever of the
streets, no water gets into the sewers!
Check out the sewers in the newly paved portions in the ally between South
Main and Jackson Street, or the north east corner of Main in front of
Sisters. Doesn't the city require a performance bond on these projects?
This current council conducts no oversight nor does the city department
responsible for the streets and sewers. Maybe they think that the Palouse
earth worm will live longer if the streets aren't disturbed! It's not
rocket science, but it does require care and supervision, of which it
appears we have none. I can only imagine at this point what a disaster the
 "new" construction by Rosauer's will look like once this gang gets done
with it.

They're more worried about who might be smoking in a bar! God only knows
what will happen when they pass the pre-ordained smoking ban and have to
deal with "smoke-easys".