[Vision2020] Is Our City Council 'Pulling a Palin' on Downtown Parking

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Jul 9 18:13:16 PDT 2009

No need to be excessively concerned about parking downtown, Bear.

I am certain that our city council will introduce a solution when they
consider the smoking ban . . .

Simply by, as previously suggested, banning smoking within 20 feet of any
business entrance, subsequently resulting in a totally smoke-free Main
Street.  Thus freeing up parking spaces that would otherwise be used by
smoking customers.

One solution to these financially-strapped economic times here in Moscow,
might be to:

1)  Sell bogus parking permits on the black market for $50 a piece, or

2)  Go into the parking permit scalping biz.  I am considering starting
this little financial venture myself by purchasing eight (or maybe ten)
75-dollar parking permits when they go on sale August 1st.  Hold onto them
until all permits are sold, and sell my eight (or ten) permits for $200 a
piece.  Maybe even open a booth at Farmers' Market.

God, I love the free enterprise system.

Anybody want tickets to the Michael Jackson Memorial?  Give me a shout.  I
think we can swing a deal.

Seeya at Farmers' Market, Moscow.