[Vision2020] Is Our City Council 'Pulling a Palin' on Downtown Parking

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Jul 9 17:18:48 PDT 2009

The Urban Dictionary has adopted a new phrase for its dictionary (with
four definitions):

"Puling a Palin"

Courtesy of the Urban Dictionary at:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pulling+a+palin

1.  Pulling a Palin

The Republican art of disguising your inept knowledge by answering a
question with another question as in "with what respect Charlie?"

Charlie asks "do you agree with the Bush Doctrine?"

Sarah responds "in what respect Charlie?" "do you mean his world view"
staring with blank ignorance at Charlie.

Sarah was just caught Pulling a Palin!

---------

2.  Pulling a Palin

Telling a large and obvious lie for personal gain.

Even though I have a herpes sore on my lip, I'm pulling a Palin and
telling her I'm a virgin.

---------

3.  Pulling a Palin

Rambling non-stop unrelated information to try to hide the fact that you
have no clue about what someone just asked you.

COURIC: Why isn't it better, Governor Palin, to spend $700 billion helping
middle-class families struggling with health care, housing, gas and
groceries? Allow them to spend more and put more money into the economy?
Instead of helping these big financial institutions that played a role in
creating this mess?

PALIN: That's why I say, I like... ever American I'm speaking with were
ill about this position that we have been put in where it is the tax
payers looking to bailout.

But ultimately, what the bailout does... is... help... those... who are
concerned about the health care reform that is needed to help shore up the
economy ... Helping the ... Oh, it's got to be about job creation too.
Shoring up our economy and putting it back on the right track. So health
care reform... and reducing taxes... and reining in spending has got to
accompany tax reductions... and tax relief for Americas... And trade...
we've got to see trade... mmm... as opportunity... mmm... not as a
competitive scary thing. But 1 in 5 jobs being created in the trade sector
today. We've got to look at that as more opportunity... All those things
under the umbrella of job creation. This bailout is a part of that.

COURIC: Are you pulling a Palin?

PALIN: Yes.

---------

4.  Pulling a Palin  10 up, 2 down

Pulling a Palin is the act of being chosen for the Republican party Vice
President while knowing that your 17 year old daughter is pregnant. This
adds a lot of controversy to the election as the family values and
truthiness of Palin are scrutinized.

Nick is Pulling a Palin by entering that marathon with his heart condition.

In light of . . .

http://www.moscowcares.com/070609_06_DowntownParking.htm

We must now ask ourselves seriously, Visionaires . . .

Is our City Council pulling a Palin?

Seeya round town, Moscow.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown