[Vision2020] Only on Fox News . . .

Glenn Schwaller vpschwaller at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 11:25:17 PDT 2009

Paul - thanks for your comments.  And no, I don't think anyone wants
to go through another round of irrational fear, and I certainly don't
believe the intent of the interview was to promote anything that would
initiate that fear.  Granted, it would have been better had Mr Scheuer
used something different to illustrate our "sheepleness" and
unwillingness to garner the strength it would take to remake this a
government of, by, and for the people (please note Mr Chasuk - of, by,
and for the people).

You state  "We're turning into a nation of cowards, and it depresses
me.  Our response to 9/11 should have been reasonable security
enhancements instead of the "security theater" that we have now."  The
events of 9/11 temporarily strengthened  the US backbone, but
unfortunately we allowed our President and Congress to lull us back
into cowardism.

I believe that was the point Mr Scheuer was trying to make.

As for MT's comment that "Al Gore should have been declared the winner
of the presidential election of November 2000, since "the majority of
the populace" had determined that action." (geeze have you NOT been
able to get over that yet??)

As with AGW, it's still debatable, but unlike AGW is it now a moot
point.  With regard to democracy I said "In it's purest form”  and
obviously our government runs no where near a democracy.  To my
understanding, there is no constitutional basis for a popular vote for
the president.  The electoral college system was set up by the
Founding Fathers, who in their wisdom chose NOT to have Congress
determine our president, nor were they too hot on the idea of the
people doing it either.  Certainly not democratic in its purest form.

GS