[Vision2020] Only on Fox News . . .

Glenn Schwaller vpschwaller at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 18:02:39 PDT 2009

In it's purest form I would define democracy as being a system in
which the majority of the populace determines the actions of the
governing body.  The people tell the "government" what to do not the
other way around.

If you had bothered to read and think Mr Schou, instead of popping
something off the top of your head you would have noted I said:

"they, the voters, would dictate to those in office how best to serve
their needs.  Is this not after all the definition of a democracy"

Did I say anything whatsoever about one man, one nuke, one vote?

As a case in point Mr Schou, I believe YOU omitted the full context.

“The majority of Americans who are just interested in security and
getting by are being dictated to, interfered with, and generally
neglected in terms of security, by the minority that rules this
government.”

Paraphrase:  we are fed up with the government telling us what to do
and what we need.

"Will those in power ever see the error of their ways?"

“No, sir, they will not.  The only chance we have as a country right
now is for Osama bin Laden to deploy and detonate a major weapon in
the United States. Because it’s gonna take a grass roots, bottom up
pressure. Because these politicians prize their office, prize the
praise of the media and the (praise of) the Europeans . . ."

Paraphrase: no, Congress, the Senate, the Judiciary, the President
will never listen to the people.  They are too involved in themselves
and their perceived glory.  We need to replace these people with those
who will truly represent us, and that won't happen until something
shakes us out of our complacency.

You and your ilk chose to interpret his statement as warmongering, and
how you get wanting to provoke more wars with the Middle East out of
the common citizens needing to take back control of their, OUR, county
is beyond me.

Unfortunately the common citizens are NOT willing to do the work
necessary to return to something resembling any kind of democracy - we
are too busy taking handouts and complaining about perceived lack of
"entitlements" to do anything.  And it will take a BIG something to
get us to do anything.

It's a metaphorical comparison and nothing else.

Quit being silly

GS