[Vision2020] UI presidential candidates

Angela C moscowresident at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 14:53:42 PST 2009

PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE VISITS SCHEDULED

(Boise). The co-chairs for the University of Idaho presidential search
committee, Paul Agidius and Sue Thilo have announced that two candidates
will visit the University of Idaho.

Kansas State University Provost, Dr. Duane Nellis will visit the University
of Idaho campus in Moscow as well as UI locations in Coeur d'Alene, Boise
and Idaho Falls. Nellis' visit will start Monday, February 2, 2009 in Coeur
d'Alene, UI Moscow and UI Boise on Tuesday, February 3, and finish with a
visit to University Place in Idaho Falls on Wednesday, February 4, 2009.

Montana State University Provost, Dr. David Dooley, will visit the
University of Idaho campus in Coeur d'Alene on Sunday evening, February 8th,
followed by a tour and meetings of UI in Moscow on Monday, February 9, as
well as UI Boise that evening. Dr. Dooley will finish his campus
tours/visits with meetings and tours in Idaho Falls on Tuesday, February 10,
2009.

*"This search process attracted an exceptionally strong field of
candidates," *said Regent, and committee co-chair Sue Thilo. *"Our committee
was very impressed by everyone we interviewed. *Fellow co-chair and Regent
Paul Agidius added, *"I'm anxious for these two finalists to visit the
campus.* *They bring a very impressive skill set with them." *

The Idaho State Board of Education, which is also the Board of Regents for
the University of Idaho (UI), appointed 14 (fourteen) members of faculty,
administration, alumni, community and legislative representatives along with
Regents Agidius and Thilo as a 16 (sixteen) member UI presidential search
committee in June 2008. The committee met several times over the past six
months reviewing candidate resumes and offering feedback to the Regents on a
job description for the position. The committee recommended to the Regents
that Dr. Dooley and Dr. Nellis visit the campus personally, but gave no
preferential ranking to any of the finalist candidates.

Once the on-campus interviews are completed, the committee's work is
finished. The State Board of Education will then interview the finalists
before making their final decision. Board President Milford Terrell has
indicated he would like to have a new president named by the end of this
current academic year.
All interested members of the public and media are invited to attend one of
the meetings at any of the campus locations. Times and locations will be
listed later this week on the University of Idaho website. You can find that
information by visiting www.uidaho.edu, then clicking on presidential search