[Vision2020] back and forth bickering (sane people please disregard) was something equally irrelavant

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Wed Jan 28 11:01:52 PST 2009

-----Original message-----
From: "g. crabtree" jampot at roadrunner.com
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 07:39:07 -0800
To: "Saundra Lund" sslund_2007 at verizon.net,  vision2020 at moscow.com
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] back and forth bickering (sane people please disregard) was something equally irrelavant

> [...]
>
> "he's against reproductive rights, even for rape victims"
>
> "they want a Second Amendment on Steroids"
>
> "He's content that the War on Terror has lead to the terrorization of US citizens through the erosion of our guaranteed civil liberties and put us on a path to a police state"
>
> While it's absolutely true that I believe that Roe V. Wade was incorrectly decided, that I'm a card carrying member of the NRA, and that I strongly supported the war in Afghanistan and to a lesser degree, the war in Iraq to use that as a spring board to your ridiculously overstated and incorrect assertions is dishonest and consequently THAT'S pretty much what I have come to expect from you.
>
> Other general errors in your post would include (But not be limited to):
>
> "a tax system that unfairly burdens the least among us while providing nothing but loopholes ripe for exploitation by the greedy amongst us"
>
> The wealthiest 1 percent of Americans earn 19 percent of the income but pay 37 percent of the income tax. The top 10 percent pay 68 percent of the tab. Meanwhile, the bottom 50 percent, that being those below the median income level, now earn 13 percent of the income but pay only 3 percent of the taxes. In other words, the top 1 percent is paying more then ten times the federal income taxes than the bottom 50 percent. The "least among us" effectively pay no significant taxes at the federal level.
>
>  "deregulation that's caused the financial crisis that came crashing down around Bush's ears."
>
> While there is no question that deregulation had a part to play in the current financial difficulties, it is also indisputable that the problem goes back much farther than that and that your hero's in the democrat party bear the lion's share of the culpability. Starting with Carter and the community reinvestment act and snowballing with the Clinton administration and Barney Frank, Christopher Dodd and their pals who were getting rich mismanaging fannie mae and freddy mac, the problem grew exponentially worse. Attempts to call attention to, and reign in the problem by the Bush administration and a republican congress were dismissed as unfair, elitist, and racist.
>
> In an effort to bring this over long response to some kind of a conclusion, you seem to want to cast me in the role of sore loser with comments that include sour grapes, whiner, and uneducated whack job and that's fine, I guess, but a couple  quick questions for you, the gracious winner. What part of the solution did you spend the last eight years being? How many times over the last eight years did I have to listen to your side shriek that "dissent is the highest form of patriotism?" What changed that made your disenchantment so noble and righteous where as my potential dissatisfaction is condemed as "divisive" and "part of the problem?"

This does not include universal health care and Social Security and Medicare payments go into the General fund instead of a lock box for Social Security.  On top of this, Obama wants to eliminate taxes for those making less than $200,000. This would mean that over 50% of Americans would not pay taxes. A fair share of rich people have enough deductions and subsides that they do not pay taxes either. You big spending people please tell me just who is going to pay for all of this? If you put it all on those rich who are left it will have a negative effect on the economy. More of these people will take their money off shore. There will be less investment in new businesses and the economy will stagnate.
Roger

 ous
fervor.

>   My most heart felt thanks in advance,

 zens
through the erosion of our guaranteed civil liberties and put us on a path to a police state - that sure seems like a much more restrictive place to live to me, and that's without even getting into the shame of torture and denial of due process to suspects.  He's pleased with a tax system that unfairly burdens the least among us while providing nothing but loopholes ripe for exploitation by the greedy amongst us, especially those who benefit from the special interest lobbying they fund.    Education - his solution is I don't know what, but it would likely look similar - and have results similar to - the deregulation that's caused the financial crisis that came crashing down around Bush's ears.  God only knows what nonsense fills his head about global warming - it would appear his understanding of science is limited to the right-wing whack jobs who flunked science.