[Vision2020] responding to Nick re: forgiveness and immutability

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Mon Jan 26 07:45:03 PST 2009

Chas, I made it clear that my "better than" meant process theology was "better" in terms of "closer to the mark of orthodox Christianity" -- which it certainly is, compared to atheism and its "closeness to the mark," even though I reject it.  I was making a quantitative reference COMPARED WITH another thing, not a qualitative one.  I trust that you understand that I wasn't saying that "this or that theology is better than atheism," or "this theologian is better than that atheist," or even "my daddy can beat up your daddy."

Because I regard process theology more in the sense of doctrine, not philosophy, I feel comfortable comparing it with the revealed doctrines of Scripture, those that speak to the omniscience, omnipresence, and omnipotence of God.  It's on that basis that I conclude that P.T. falls short.  Perhaps I should examine it as a philosophy and not a set of doctrines, although the doctrinal applications seem to be entirely a result of a philosophy -- whether of God and the Divine nature, hermeneutics (the discipline of interpreting Scripture), or secular reasoning.

Keely
http://keely-prevailingwinds.blogspot.com/