[Vision2020] responding to Nick re: forgiveness and immutability

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 18:57:59 PST 2009

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 18:05, keely emerinemix <kjajmix1 at msn.com> wrote:

> I agree that process theology is one that's better than atheism (I'm saying
> "better" here in terms of "closer to the mark of orthodox Christianity), but
> I just don't agree that it's compatible with "the faith handed down once and
> for all by the saints."

Process theology is not born of revelation, but purely of
philosophical reflection, so it ipso facto cannot be compatible with
"the faith handed down once and for all by the saints."

As far as I understand it, process theology claims that God somehow
exists within our spatio-temporal reality without being a part of it,
while also mysteriously participating in it.  I don't see what problem
this was designed to solve.

Why, Keely, is this "better" than atheism?

Chas