[Vision2020] Glazebrook Lawsuit

Saundra Lund sslund_2007 at verizon.net
Sun Jan 18 12:07:02 PST 2009

Hi Roger et al,

I believe the term you're looking for is skylarking:
http://www.credenda.org/issues/11-3meander.php
Rattle and Hum
Douglas Wilson

"By the time you receive this, our local police will probably have forgotten
all about it, so a little bragging is now safe, and perhaps it is even in
order. . . Some of our stalwart young Christian men, majoring in Christian
culture and skylarking, papered the university with these flyers, and the
next morning a bunch of them were faxed all over campus. . . "

_____
Roger also wrote:
"This better not cost any money! Not a nickel of our precious state funds
should be wasted during these tight times!"

Of course it will cost money . . . taxpayer dollars have already been spent
on this ridiculous witch hunt, and perhaps that's the purpose?  We know what
Glasebrook & his ilk think about public education and other public goods
like water resources because they've told and shown us time & again -- no
guessing is needed.  I personally wouldn't be surprised if costing taxpayer
money to be spent on this, leaving less money available for public goods
like education, isn't precisely his unstated goal.

This goes way back so perhaps my memory is flawed, but IIRC, what initially
got their shorts in a wad (besides being hugely pro Super WalMart) was that
the woman who registered the domain name happened to be employed by the UI
and she made the grave error of listing her work phone number as her contact
number.  I personally didn't see the big deal, but I'm one of those people
who always listed my work phone number as a daytime contact number back when
I was working fulltime M-F since that's where I was.

I believe they were also upset that some people -- mostly students -- were
using their student email addys to support the NoSuperWalmart cause.  I
wouldn't be surprised, though, if they were also salivating expectantly
about the potential of faculty especially using their uidaho.edu email
addresses to send emails during non-work hours.  Lord knows we've seen
several V2020 posters persecuted by Glasebrook & his buds for the same kind
of thing.

Paul, the nosuperwalmart.com site was ***never*** hosted on UI equipment,
nor was any employee page ever a precursor.  And, having known some of the
people involved, I seriously doubt that any state time was spent.  But,
let's not confuse people with facts . . . it's so much more fun to
speculate, isn't it?

What gets me is that Glasebrook has personal and first-hand knowledge of
violations of the laws permitting his church's tax exempt status, yet he
willfully remains silent about those factual violations while pursuing his
fishing expedition witch hunt.  I suppose he thinks it's far more Christian
to salivate over & pray for perceived mote's in his neighbors' eyes to come
true than to attend to real the beams in his own eye and in the eyes of
those he is spiritually aligned with.

In any case, I think it's . . . instructive to know that Glasebrook hasn't
changed a bit.  No big surprise there, but it's still instructive to see
first-hand.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
~ Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2008 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****