[Vision2020] Book

Sue Hovey suehovey at moscow.com
Thu Jan 15 21:17:38 PST 2009

I'm not sure how much anyone else enjoys the books I read, but being here in Hawaii has given me some leisure time and I've read three that I think would be worth anybody's while.

1.  White Tiger.  Won the Booker prize.  Growing up in India.  Does one really rise to the top being ethical and moral in a corrupt society???

2.  Society's Child.  For those who think Janis Ian is one of the musical greats, this is a fascinating autobiography.  My favorite song of maybe all time is Jesse, so the book was a hook for me.

3.  And if you are especially interested in WWII, Jazz, Hawaiia's involvement in the war, the comfort women procured for the Japanese Army--then read The Shark Chronicles.  You won't be disappointed. It is more a book of hope than dispair.  The author is Kiana Davenport.

Sue H.