[Vision2020] plowing

Joseph Campbell josephc at wsu.edu
Sun Jan 11 15:33:13 PST 2009

Donovan,

All this shows is that you do not actually WALK anywhere. If you did, you
wouldn¹t say this.

Our family has one car. Sure, that is our choice. But walking around town ‹
which I do often ‹ has been difficult. Every day I pass by walkers on Route
8, walking in the highway. I can¹t take all of them everywhere. And besides,
what the heck is the point of having a government, and paying them to keep
the roads clean, if you can¹t walk around in your own damn town. I¹m lucky
since I didn¹t have to work over the last few weeks. But starting tomorrow I
do have to work, and if it is as hard to get around town as it has been, I¹m
going to complain. That is exactly what this forum is for!

And don¹t start with me about that ³some have it worse,² since I can promise
you I know that better than you do. When I was younger, I could push my
sister Pat in her wheel chair around Piscataway and Highland Park, NJ, in
the middle of winter. The snow was no better there than it is here but I
couldn¹t push her around in Moscow, ID, this winter. Thank God I don¹t have
to!

Best, Joe