[Vision2020] Fragments of our Lord

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 00:44:09 PST 2009

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 23:24, Donovan Arnold
<donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am very certain that there are Gods out to harm others.

You are operating from a polytheistic perspective?  Interesting and
surprising, both.

> First, there is a different standard for God than a unicorn because the
> unicorn is a physical thing, and it is either witnessed by physical evidence
> that cannot be denied, or there is a lack of physical evidence. God is not a
> physical entity other than He is all that is physical and not physical, he
> is everything. The only way to have proof of God's existence is to witness
> something He does that is evidence to you.

Analogies are often imperfect, as this one proves to be for you.  As
it happens, I agree with you that the "proof of God's existence is to
witness something He does that is evidence to you."  When I was a
Christian, I accepted God's existence through divine revelation.  My
God was the "still small voice" that spoke to Elijah.

> Second, it is not logical to believe there is no God when you have no
> evidence that there is no God. It would only be logical to be either
> agnostic, unknowing if there is a God, or believing that you have seen or
> witnessed the existence of God.

Agreed.

I became a non-theist because 1) I saw no evidence of His existence,
and 2) I stopped trusting revelation.  There were other reasons, but
those are the crux.

Faith was pleasant.  Part of me wishes I still had it.

Chas