[Vision2020] legislative report

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 27 17:50:29 PST 2009

"The five cents/gallon gas tax would help what I think of as a "painful
but good for us" trend - getting us out of the mode of driving so often,
and forcing us to look for vehicles with better gas mileage or for
alternative means of transportation." Paul R.

I think having crappy roads does a good job of keeping people off the roads too. :P

I am against this tax, as I am against all regressive taxes that strike the poor hardest. Raising taxes on fuel raises the prices of everything that gets transported, and hurts transportation people like truck drivers, cab drivers, and delivery drivers and services. It also disproportionately hurts people driving around looking for work, and it hurts poorer people that live in places like Deary, Troy, Potlatch, and Gennessee that commute to Moscow for work because they cannot afford a house in the city.

If you are going to tax anything, tax the wealthy or unneeded luxury services. Anyone that supports regressive taxes, like increases in taxes on dollar, is for taxing the poor a higher percentage of their income than the rich, because that is exactly what a regressive tax is about.

Best Regards,

Donovan