[Vision2020] Norwegians

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Feb 25 14:16:51 PST 2009

Roger -

I looked over several accounts, none of which claim Norwegians blew up a
Nazi ship.

The closest I could find is from the source you suggested (the History
Channel link) . . .

"HITLER'S A-BOMB tells the extraordinary story of the small group of
Norwegian soldiers who dealt a devastating blow to the Nazi's plan to
deploy the ultimate weapon. Without firing a shot, they managed to
infiltrate the Nazi-controlled Norsk Hydro factory in Telemark, Norway.
There, German scientists were making the heavy water that is essential to
the manufacturing of atomic bombs. But after February 28, 1943, thanks to
the Norwegian raiders, their production cells were totally destroyed, and
the United States took an insurmountable lead in the race to usher in the
nuclear age."

> It is on a DVD put out by the History Channel Club in the
Series "Dangerous Missions" The
title of this one is 'Hitler's A-Bomb"
> Roger

else recently. I am
not sure where, Maybe "The Smithsonian', or "History Channel Magazine" I
haven't found it
jet.

Roger