[Vision2020] Prisoner Alleges Torture bu U.S.

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Wed Feb 25 12:19:07 PST 2009

Note to Nick
I was not going continue on this , but here are two book you should read and include in your articles for balance. You will not see these mentioned by the mainstream press.
Honor Bound: Inside the Guantanamo Trials by Kyndra Rotunda, a former military lawyer, who was at Gitmo from 2002 to 2006. Excerpts- Detainees receive more privileges than American citizens receive in U.S. prisons. Australain Taliban member David Hicks demanded and received an $800 Brooks Brothers suit to wear in court. One detainee who was offered his freedom said "No Thanks" the weather was not vary nice in his country and that he would rather be released in the spring. The Red Cross met with camp commanders to request improvements- Their requests were trivial- they were asking for more skittles for the detainees
Inside Gitmo by Lieutenant Colonel Gordon Cucullu, He inspected every coorner of the camp and  interviewed dozens of personnel from guards, interrogators, cooks and nurses and concluded that it  a well run installation of which Americans deserves to be proud. He says that it is undoubtedly true that some prisoners were tortured in the early days when the camb was flooded with battlefield captures and fears of another 9/11 style attack ran high. These abuses were quickly corrected and treatment and oversight routines were instituted that exceed the standards of any maximum-security prison any where in the world. He describes , the treatment of prisoners and examines their experiences in detail, including the techniques used to interrogate them, the food they eat, their medical care,how they communicate with one another and many ingenious ways they contrive to assault their guards.
HIS FINDING
The average detainee sees a physician four times a month
There is abuse- of guards by detainees, who often throw feces, semen, and spit at the guards. Guards are also on the receiving end of cursing,racial, and sexual slurs from detainees
Vigorous and prolonged investigations covering more than 24,000 interrogation sessions over a three year period revealed a total of three violations.
Roger