[Vision2020] Humane interrogations work

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Tue Feb 24 16:18:50 PST 2009

g writes:

"Let me get this straight. Imperial Japan and Adolph Hitler and the Nazi's were the recipients of "violent US policy against people the US wanted to conform in it's image."

Yes, but to restate what I had written before, unfortunately sometimes that's what it takes to stop others from using violent policy to force people to conform to their image. We are just naked chimps with super deadly weapons. And to think some can't except evolution. Either that, or indeed, we are created in the image of a jealous, vengeance and violent God.

Whatever the case, let's remember that the US is the only country to drop not just one, but two atomic bombs on innocent people. Whether that was right or wrong is not the point, though, seeing as that opened Pandora's box, leading to the cold war and the contamination to build all those nukes, leading to tens of thousands of nuclear bombs, many of which are now unaccounted for. The repercussions of that has not played itself out yet.

The war of terror is not WW2, despite the analogies that the US is engaging in similar tactics, albeit to a lesser degree, as nazi Germany and imperial Japan did, which should come as no surprise consider GW Bush's grandfather was a nazi sympathizer. I believe the US headed towards fascism under Bush's administration.

That's what's too much...

gclev