[Vision2020] Humane Interrogations Work

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 17:14:09 PST 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 11:25, lfalen <lfalen at turbonet.com> wrote:

> As for your moral superiority tone, I don't think the mental gymnastics you go through to justify the murder of the unborn, helps your virtue.

Statements like this always puzzle me.  Do you really believe that
pro-choice advocates sit up at night devising justifications for the
slaughter of babies?  We are, or have been, the proud fathers,
mothers, grandfathers, and grandmothers of babies.  We are, or have
been, the doting uncles and aunts of babies.  If this isn't true
today, it will be in the future, for most of us.

Speaking for myself, it is a matter of not attributing human
characteristics to non-human creatures, and an embryo or a fetus isn't
a human being, but a human animal at a stage of development somewhere
between implantation and birth.  Fertilization transforms the joined
ovum and sperm into a zygote, not, magically, into a miniature person.

if I believed that embryos or fetuses were miniature people, I would
be shouting, "Embryos and fetuses are people!"  -- with a nod to
Robert Thorn/Charlton Heston.

I do marvel at the mental gymnastics performed by most conservatives.
They lament the termination of embryos/fetuses, but they embrace
capital punishment, knowing that sometimes innocent men and women are
being murdered -- creating widows, widowers, the fatherless, the
motherless, and orphans -- because apparently this sort of collateral
damage is acceptable.

Conservatives have funny ideas about virtue.

Chas