[Vision2020] The more things change the more they stay the same

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 01:20:45 PST 2009

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 15:02, Glenn Schwaller <vpschwaller at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not saying Obama is making excuses.  I doubt he will even acknowledge
> there is a problem.  What I am saying is Mr Hanses seems to think it's
> perfectly OK to excuse bad behavior by lauding good behavior in its wake.

Obama set goals for himself and his administration before he had
assumed office, as all presidents have done.  I don't see this system
changing soon.  I made all sorts of plans and promises about what sort
of father and husband I would be, but I wasn't able to pull them all
off.  No one was surprised, except for perhaps my naive self.

Sensibly, no one equated my failure with bad behavior, nor should we
equate Obama's failures with bad behavior, at least until enough time
has elapsed that it becomes obvious his actions have betrayed our
faith.

It is perfectly reasonable to laud good behavior while temporarily
suspending judgment on bad, which is what Tom has done.

Chas