[Vision2020] Rent Prices Was: Sen Schroeder

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 21 01:51:50 PST 2009

Chas,

I believe you are intellectually dishonest. I don't believe that you are so dumb as to believe that when I said $1200 a month, I was referring to apartments, and not houses.

Anyone with half a brain can take a few minutes to look at the Bureau of Statistic and see:

http://censtats.census.gov/data/ID/1601654550.pdf

That in 1999, ten years ago, the average home mortgage in Moscow was over $1000 a month. If you want to believe that in that ten years, the average mortgage has not reached or obtained $1200 you are very bad at math or in a deep state of denial.

You can also see that many Moscow resident are paying far more than 35% of their income on housing costs, which by definition makes housing unaffordable.

You can also compare these rates, and see that Moscow homes are older, smaller, and more crowded than other cities in Idaho.

If you want to declare you win, because I didn't specify that the $1200 was meant for not an apartment, but a house, then fine, you win. But I don't think you honestly thought I was saying that. If you did, I don't know you should read anything I have to say because you don't catch implied meanings very well, which is something I do frequently when I write.

Best Regards,

Donovan