[Vision2020] Rent Prices Was: Sen Schroeder

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 21:42:04 PST 2009

I am disputing your original statement, Donovan, nothing else.  To
remind you what your original statement was:

> And so they wonder why rent is $1200 a month in Moscow

You didn't specify whether the rentals were homes or apartments, or
the condition of said rentals.

How many different places have you lived?  Of course, I may be wrong,
but I'm willing to bet that I've lived in far more apartments than you
have, in quite a few more locales, so I can knowledgeably compare.
And that knowledge isn't gleaned from Google Earth, but from firsthand
experience.

As an adult, I've rented apartments in Denver and Aurora Colorado, in
Sacramento, in Spokane, in Coeur d' Alene twice (two separate
apartments), and in three separate apartments in Moscow.  I've also
stayed in hotels in D.C., Washington, Oregon, Massachusetts, Colorada,
California, and Texas.

Guess what?  The apartments in Moscow are not better, or worse, than
apartments in any of those locations.  Nor are the hotels.

If you are going to debate, Donovan, especially when it is a trivial
point, it is bad behavior to change the particulars halfway through,
which you have now done two or three times.

Don't disgrace yourself.  Lose honorably.

Chas