[Vision2020] Humane interrogations work

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Fri Feb 20 14:17:25 PST 2009

Sorry, Gary, creating martyrs doesn't work. Many years ago the
Christian church declared, "The blood of the martyrs is the seed of
the Church."

Some years later, in  680 C.E., Husayn ibn Ali, the grandson of the
Prophet, and a small group of family members and followers were
defeated and beheaded by a much larger army. Ever since then their
martyrdom has been commemorated by millions of Muslims. Before he was
slain, the martyr Husayn declared, "The believer should desire to
meet his Lord while he is right. Thus I do not see death but as
happiness, and living with tyrants but as sorrow."

Gary, you've got to think of something better than just killing people.

Ralph