[Vision2020] Rent Prices Was: Sen Schroeder

Jennifer Ingalls jennifer at inlandradio.com
Fri Feb 20 08:36:56 PST 2009

A young friend of mine is a student at Idaho and lives in a house with 5
other girls. With all due respect to my friend, the house they rent is in
horrible shape, and they pay more than what my brother pays for a similar
sized house that overlooks the lake (beautiful views from the wrap-around
deck) near Seattle in the city of Shoreline. While not all property
management companies are taking advantage of renters, some are (though I
suspect that is the case anywhere). College towns seem to be more inflicted
by rent inflation than other areas (fair or not). Comparing Moscow to Boise
or Coeur d'Alene isn't realistic; Boise isn't a college town-neither is CDA.
You pay to live in a town that has accessibility to more cultural events and
entertainment as well as to higher learning.

Jennifer L. Ingalls

  _____