[Vision2020] Idaho Senate Approves Water-Sale Bill

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Feb 13 15:13:03 PST 2009

In case you haven't noticed it yet, Mr. Decker, we are in the midst of one
MAJOR recession (borderline depression).

Wake up and smell the coffee.

> My guess would be the millions it would take for the infrastructure to
reac> h to the border. But, I'm sure that Whitman will get the corridor
going
s> ometime soon.

> From: idahotom at hotmail.com
> To: thansen at moscow.com; vision2020 at moscow.com
> Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 14:50:18 -0800
> Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Idaho Senate Approves Water-Sale Bill
>

> >From the Daily News article -
>

> "Hawkins already drilled two commercial wells this fall, but if the
legis> lation passes those wells would be capped and the water rights
would be
ret> urned to the state of Washington, as per the original agreement with
the
> city."
>

> Answer me this, Visionaires:  If this agreement with the Hawkins
Companie> s is such a money-maker, as suggested by Walter Steed, why is
Pullman
s> o eager to retain water rights and terminate all contractual
arrangements
w> ith the Hawkins Companies "if the [Idaho] legislation passes"?

> >From Idaho Senate Bill 1002 (see attached):
>

> "Additionally, the service area for a municipality may include areas
outs> ide of the state where authorized by the laws of the state and the
municipa> lity in which such service area lies, and where such permitted
service
ar> ea is adjacent to the municipality’s corporate limits."

> Perhaps we should have listened to the fine people of Rock Ridge (from
"Bla> zing Saddles") when they so eloquently suggested . . .

> http://www.tomandrodna.com/Our_Town.mp3
>

> Seeya round town, Moscow.
>

> Tom Hansen
>
> Moscow, Idaho
>

> "For a lapsed Lutheran born-again Buddhist pan-Humanist Universalist
Unitar> ian Wiccan Agnostic like myself there's really no reason ever to
go to
work> .."

> - Roy Zimmerman
> Windows Live™: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect.
> http://windowslive.com/explore?
ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_allup_explore_022009>