[Vision2020] A Paradox

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Feb 12 12:40:17 PST 2009

Jeesh, Roger!

Your claim was:

"My point was that skin color should not have anything to do with it and
that it should be dropped, but in this election it was a MAJOR [emphasis
added] concederation and is part of the reason Obama receives such
adulation."

I am certain that, yes, some people propbably did vote for Barack Obama
because he is black (and some people probably voted for McCain because
Sarah Palin is a hot looking brunette babe), but race was NOT a MAJOR
consideration in his victory in November, as you stated.

As far as the context that you suggest . . .

Yes.  The election and subsequent inauguration of the United States' first
African-American president should be celebrated and memorialized.  But to
suggest that race was a major consideration that resulted in his victory
is racist in its own implication.

Have you ever considered that attributes associated with the Republican
presidential and vice-presidential candidates may have been major
contributing factors in President Obama's victory?  Or don't you think
that's possible?

"For a lapsed Lutheran born-again Buddhist pan-Humanist Universalist
Unitarian Wiccan Agnostic like myself there's really no reason ever to go
to work."

- Roy Zimmerman