[Vision2020] water sale bill

Steven Basoa sbasoa at moscow.com
Thu Feb 12 12:04:16 PST 2009

Actually Kai, there have been some peeps of opposition to the
McMansions.  And lots of whining about the high maintenance, water
intensive lawns plopped on seemingly every hilltop.  There just
hasn't been enough to make people realize that it might be time to
consider changing how we think in regards to how we treat our
environment.

SB

  On Feb 9, 2009, at 10:34 AM, Kai Eiselein, Editor wrote:

 >And in the meantime McMansions, with their attendant high-
maintenance, water dependent lawns are plopped down all over the
place without so much as a peep of opposition.

 >I wonder which uses more H2O?
 >Looking at it, the mall "may" be a good idea. I'll tell you why:
 >Because we have raised a couple of generations of "Mall Rats", a
mall with the shops that today's kids expect may very well be a draw
for prospective to students to both >universities.
 >That translates into outside $ flowing into the communities and
that is a good thing.