[Vision2020] Tax breaks

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 10 21:12:15 PST 2009

I don't know Ralph.

My family has a cabin on Lake CDA. Many of the people in those cabins have had them for decades and generations as vacation places because they couldn't afford to go anywhere else. They aren't rich, they just had the homes because they were cheap when they bought them or built them. Now, those simple cabin homes go for $100,000s and even millions because of people in big cities want getaways. To tax Spokane and Washington residents and local Idahoians huge amounts forcing them to forfeit a piece of their family history seems wrong.

If you put a grandfather clause in there, I might see an exception. It is hard to save your cabin that your family built for $5,000 in 1948 because a Californian is willing to buy it for $700,000 and you get taxed on it more than you make.

Best Regards,

Donovan