[Vision2020] Tax breaks

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Tue Feb 10 08:43:45 PST 2009

1. Don't fire any of the staff of the Idaho State Tax Commission. We
need them to make sure that everyone pays his/her fair share of taxes.

2. Eliminate the property tax break for non-resident home owners.
Allow a break only for the principal residence of an Idaho resident.
I see no reason why a rich man like Arnold Schwarzenegger of
California should get a tax break on a vacation home in Idaho. Or why
our millionaire governor should get such a break for more than one home.

Ralph Nielsen

Tom Hansen wrote:

I suggest that we start a letter-writing campaign.

Write to Governor Otter and DEMAND that tax breaks/cuts, that are
currently in effect, be scrutinized and (in many cases) terminated.

These tax breaks/cuts are not only cutting into employment, but also
into
our children's education.

But, then, I guess that we can always sell our water . . . maybe to
California.

Idaho may not be scraping the bottom of the barrel yet.  But, as the
saying goes, you can certainly see it from here.

Seeya round town, Moscow.