[Vision2020] Tom, My name is Donovan, NOT ARNOLD

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 10 17:40:44 PST 2009

What is wrong with you, Tom?

Sorry, I don't follow your logic. If you want to play third grade games by making fun of my name, I guess you can do that to your hearts delight. But, my name is Donovan, not Arnold. Arnold is my last name. Arnold is the first name of other people, NOT ME. If you use my last name, "Arnold" only do so with the attachment of "Donovan" or "Mr. at the front of it. If we went only by last names, I would have the same name as my mother, father, sister, brother, uncle, nieces, grandparents and that would be damn confusing when asking someone at the dinner table to pass the jello.

Nobody I know calls me Arnold. If they did, I would correct them. My name is Donovan, not Arnold. Why is that so hard to understand, Tom?

OK, maybe if we were in boot camp, I would accept being called Arnold, or if there were two people named Donovan Arnold in the same room, which has never happened in my life time, and even so, then I would go by my middle name if he were older or of higher position.

As to the issue of John Dickinson, you asked who, and I answered that is why his name came up, I said who, but followed that name by disqualifying the validity of the statement because it was unfair to John. Tom, Don't debate what I have already conceded as not being admissible material.

Best Regards,

Donovan