[Vision2020] Water Sale Bill

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Feb 10 05:29:53 PST 2009

Since you have (many times) whined about how you are addressed, I assumed
the decency of referring to you as "Donovan Arnold", instead of
just "Arnold".  And how do you repay this decency?

Well, that's is fine with me, Arnie.

Now, concerning your complaint  about my referring to the loved and deeply
missed John Dickinson . . .

It was you, Arnie, that initially cited John Dickinson as a source without
any evidence to substantiate your claim; your claim that John Dickinson
had told you that Moscow's water source is available for the next 200 to
300 years.

After having viewed some videos I maintain of city council sessions
conducted during CY 2006, sessions in which John Dickinson participated as
a council member, I have reached a conclusion totally contrary to yours.

You see, Arnie . . .

I was merely debating your claim by providing contrary evidence
originating from your very source.

Perhaps you have other sources to substantiate your "200 to 300 years"
claim.

If so, I (and many others) would be most interested in reading them.

> Hansen,
>
> It doesn't mean anything. He could have thought 200-300 years wasn't that
l> ong on a geological time scale, which it actually isn't. I think we all
kne> w that John cared deeply for the environment.

> But again, I don't think we should be using John as a source because he
is
> not here to clarify his stance. I also don't think John really knew
either
> for sure how much water we have.
>
> I just personally believe it is not necessary to panic and restrict its
use>  unless it is on a huge unreasonable scale.

> Best Regards,

Donovan