[Vision2020] words and actions (Testosterone Reality Check)

Joe Campbell philosopher.joe at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 01:52:20 PST 2009

Paul,

To what extent do liberals have to support "diversity"? To the extent
of racism? Do you think the acceptability of slavery is an idea I have
to sustain in order to remain a true liberal? I don't.

Maybe I'm commited to the view that people have the right to say
whatever they want but that includes my right to say when they've gone
too far. All you have to do is look at the subject lines of No
Weatherman's posts in November and October. I think that that went too
far and if you don't please come by Tursday and explain to me why not.

Again the issue isn't whether one has a right to say such things. I
won't be denying that. But whether the comments in question are
racist. I think they are Crabtree thinks they are not. I'm going to
try to show that he us wrong.

How am I failing according to your standards of what it is to be a
liberal?

Joe Campbell