[Vision2020] great letter to the editor

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Tue Dec 29 11:18:19 PST 2009

I was out of town, Bill, and didn't read it  'til just now.  I think Ms. Wright has made a very important point.   For a faith that seeks converts, as we Christians rightly do, too many of us seem -- would "hell-bent" be inappropriate here? -- committed to engaging in petty sniping and needless alienation of those around us.

It's true that most people celebrate Christmas, in some form or another, as that winter holiday that commemorates Jesus' birth.  But worship, praise, adoration, and devotion to him are not properly expressed in public schools.  I don't see evidence of enough worship, and I include myself in this, in  Christian churches, nor enough evidence of piety in the Church's engaging with the community around it.  Let's have the fruit of worship spill out into the culture around us through acts of love, peace, and humility, rather than staking an easy claim to "Silent Night" in school concerts.

I'm so sorry for the offensive smugness and insensitivity Christ's followers at the concert demonstrated.

Keely
www.keely-prevailingwinds.com