[Vision2020] World's Highest Glacier is Set to Melt Into History

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 03:01:05 PST 2009

http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2009-December/067571.html

>*From George Monbiot (The Guardian)
*
From: ernst.kattweizel at

Sent: 29 October 2009

To: The Knights Carbonic

Gentlemen, the culmination of our great plan approaches fast. What the
Master called "the ordering of men's affairs by a transcendent world state,
ordained by God and answerable to no man", which we now know as Communist
World Government, advances towards its climax at Copenhagen. For 185 years
since the Master, known to the laity as Joseph Fourier, launched his scheme
for world domination, the entire physical science community has been working
towards this moment.

The early phases of the plan worked magnificently. First the Master's
initial thesis – that the release of infrared radiation is delayed by the
atmosphere – had to be accepted by the scientific establishment. I will not
bother you with details of the gold paid, the threats made and the blood
spilt to achieve this end. But the result was the elimination of the
naysayers and the disgrace or incarceration of the Master's rivals. Within
35 years the 3rd Warden of the Grand Temple of the Knights Carbonic (our
revered prophet John Tyndall) was able to "demonstrate" the Master's thesis.
Our control of physical science was by then so tight that no major
objections were sustained.

More resistance was encountered (and swiftly dispatched) when we sought to
install the 6th Warden (Svante Arrhenius) first as professor of physics at
Stockholm University, then as rector. From this position he was able to
project the Master's second grand law – that the infrared radiation trapped
in a planet's atmosphere increases in line with the quantity of carbon
dioxide the atmosphere contains. He and his followers (led by the Junior
Warden Max Planck) were then able to adapt the entire canon of physical and
chemical science to sustain the second law.

Then began the most hazardous task of all: our attempt to control the
instrumental record. Securing the consent of the scientific establishment
was a simple matter. But thermometers had by then become widely available,
and amateur meteorologists were making their own readings. We needed to show
a steady rise as industrialisation proceeded, but some of these unfortunates
had other ideas. The global co-option of police and coroners required
unprecedented resources, but so far we have been able to cover our tracks.

The over-enthusiasm of certain of the Knights Carbonic in 1998 was most
regrettable. The high reading in that year has proved impossibly costly to
sustain. Those of our enemies who have yet to be silenced maintain that the
lower temperatures after that date provide evidence of global cooling, even
though we have ensured that eight of the 10 warmest years since 1850 have
occurred since 2001. From now on we will engineer a smoother progression.

Our co-option of the physical world has been just as successful. The
thinning of the Arctic ice cap was a masterstroke. The ring of secret
nuclear power stations around the Arctic circle, attached to giant immersion
heaters, remains undetected, as do the space-based lasers dissolving the
world's glaciers.

Altering the migratory and reproductive patterns of the world's wildlife has
proved more challenging. Though we have now asserted control over the
world's biologists, there is no accounting for the unauthorised observations
of farmers, gardeners, birdwatchers and other troublemakers. We have
therefore been forced to drive migrating birds, fish and insects into higher
latitudes, and to release several million tonnes of plant pheromones every
year to accelerate flowering and fruiting. None of this is cheap, and ever
more public money, secretly diverted from national accounts by compliant
governments, is required to sustain it.

The co-operation of these governments requires unflagging effort. The
capture of George W Bush, a late convert to the cause of Communist World
Government, was made possible only by the threatened release of footage
filmed by a knight at Yale, showing the future president engaged in coitus
with a Ford Mustang. Most ostensibly capitalist governments remain apprised
of where their real interests lie, though I note with disappointment that we
have so far failed to eliminate Vaclav Klaus. Through the offices of
compliant states, the Master's third grand law has been established: world
government will be established under the guise of controlling man-made
emissions of greenhouse gases.

Keeping the scientific community in line remains a challenge. The national
academies are becoming ever more querulous and greedy, and require higher
pay-offs each year. The inexplicable events of the past month, in which the
windows of all the leading scientific institutions were broken and a horse's
head turned up in James Hansen's bed, appear to have staved off the
immediate crisis, but for how much longer can we maintain the consensus?
Knights Carbonic, now that the hour of our triumph is at hand, I urge you
all to redouble your efforts. In the name of the Master, go forth and
terrify.

Professor Ernst Kattweizel, University of Redcar. 21st Grand Warden of the