[Vision2020] Liberal Agenda?

Andy Boyd moscowrecycling at turbonet.com
Wed Dec 2 13:18:38 PST 2009

Roger,
It may seem ridiculous but everyone says 'free market' and it's a fraud.
The reason one would aspire to a free market is because it would regulate
itself regarding supply and demand.  Take the paper industry, economically,
paper is cheaper to make from hemp but we place regulations (industrial hemp
is illegal) and supply subsidies to these corporations to keep the price of
paper from wood cheaper than hemp that is produced legally in other
countries.  This is one example of thousands.  Certainly anyone is allowed
to engage in a business of ones choosing but depending on the business the
cards are not close to fair or free.  The farmer that gets fined by Monsanto
when a genetically modified plant shows up in their field even though they
don't use Monsanto GMO products is another case and point.  The market and
regulators don't treat them fairly.  A free market could actually help some
of our environmental 'situations'. If we in the United States had to pay a
true market value for food, wood or petroleum products for example, many of
the alternative products out 'there' would end up being the same price or
cheaper, altering our purchasing habits.  Ahh, so much to criticize.
And yes, truth in advertising would be great but even if you try to
prosecute these inaccuracies, the cards are stacked against the average
citizen.
that's enought for me today.
Andy Boyd
Manager/Education Coordinator