[Vision2020] 'Obama Tags' Called a Joke

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 22:06:42 PDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 7:37 PM, g. crabtree<jampot at roadrunner.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure what the relevance of your question is. None of the photos I
> posted were the work of "Black Bloc" members or groups.

Actually, all pictures but one were taken at ANSWER rallies prior to
Obama's emergence as a national candidate. One picture -- the picture
of the guillotine and heads -- was taken "at" an Obama rally, for a
certain broad definition of "at." The guillotine-van was driven in
circles around the Obama rally as a bizarre advertisement for
dial4lawyer.com by crazy guy that's got a permanent grudge against
Bush over this long, bizarre probate case in Kansas.

Sure, he's an Obama supporter. But... um... he's not, uh, real
mainstream. And he wasn't inside the rally.

> The majority of the photos were taken at Obama campaign rallies.

This just isn't true.

> That said, I would have to think that the "death to Bush" crowd are extremely well represented at the
> very highest levels of our government.

By whom? The politicians closest to that side of the left are maybe,
what, Bernie Sanders, Ramsey Clark, and Cynthia McKinney? Maybe Bobby
Rush? I can't think of anyone with a cabinet-level position or
committee chairmanship that's remotely sympathetic to the anarchist
left.

Let me give you an analogous statement: "The militia movement is
well-represented in the Republican Paty." Does that sound at all sane
to you?

> Can you point out an instance of the "mainstream left"  be it national or as
> local as our little list raising up a "outraged roar" at the shabby
> treatment of our previous prez?

He was a shabby President. He deserved to be treated shabbily. He
didn't deserve to be thtreatened, but I feel like the ANSWER people
aren't "my people," especially because, even throughout the Bush
administration, they refused on principle to coordinate with
Democrats, a refusal that (given that ANSWER was founded by a
Soviet-apologist party and tends to believe that puppetry is more
effective at stopping war than running for political office) was
mirrored by the Democrats.  While I feel that "well you didn't condemn
your own side, either!" is a fair point to make, either people making
vague threats against the President deserve to be condemned, or they
don't.

Which is it?

> If the former demands outrage and castigation why was silence the preferred response to the later?

I wasn't asked about it, political parties tend to avoid circular
firing squads, I don't have the faintest bit of control over it, and
pro forma denunciations of other peoples' bad behavior isn't a topic
for discussion on a discussion forum.

-- ACS

* Bonus bit about the crazy guillotine dude. He wrote this song:
http://larrymacphale.com/The_Song.html.