[Vision2020] A disaster waiting to happen

Bev Bafus bevbafus at verizon.net
Tue Aug 25 11:27:49 PDT 2009

I have several concerns about the intersection of Styner/Lauder and Hwy
95/Main St.

I'll limit this to two concerns, and put them in separate threads.

The first:

The Grove is open, and students are back in classes.  I have observed that
many of them walk, and they do not heed the crosswalks.  (of course - they
are indestructible)  However, often they are jay-walking about 100 yards
south of the Styner/Lauder - Hwy 95 intersection.  This puts them just over
the crest of the hill, where cars and chip trucks are starting their run out
of town.

Most of the kids I saw were wearing their ipods, so they wouldn't even hear
if a car was coming.

Bev Bafus
Moscow