[Vision2020] Steed, Billing File for City Council Seats

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Aug 25 10:54:44 PDT 2009

Courtesy of Stephanie Kalasz, Moscow City Clerk:

"All of our Council seats are at-large so the three candidates receiving
the most votes will be the winners.  A person could run for both Mayor
and Council if he or she put in a declaration of candidacy for
both...and if they were to win both, they would have to choose which
position to take.  It seems like that might be a bad idea though because
it might divide the votes for that person and they would not win either.
If a Council member were running for Mayor and still had two years left
on his term, he would go back to his Council seat if he didn't win, if
he did win, he could appoint someone to fill the position until the next
election."

Thanks, Stephanie.

Seeya round town, Moscow.