[Vision2020] Alive in Afghanistan

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Aug 20 05:38:44 PDT 2009

"Alive in Afghanistan" is a continuous online update (by on-scene
journalists)  done in real-time.

>From the "Alive in Afghanistan" website at:

http://aliveinafghanistan.org/

"'Alive in Afghanistan' is an independent, non-partisan project, formed in
response to the huge success of Alive in Baghdad and Alive in Gaza and the
result of the hard work and collaboration of many partners and
individuals. Alive in Afghanistan empowers Afghan citizens to participate
in society by reporting on their political process. Alive in Afghanistan
is launching in time for the August 20th presidential elections so that
people across Afghanistan can report fairly on the elections and related
events through SMS, email, and the web.

We recognize that, given limitations of access to technology, it may be a
limited subset of the privileged who will be able to use Alive in
Afghanistan’s open system to report on the election. Despite the
limitation we feel that, as long as recognition is given, the potential
impact of the project is still such that we should go forward, doing our
best to provide access to all.

We have partnered with Pajhwok Afghan News in order to combine citizen
reporting with focused, concise reports from professional journalists
throughout Afghanistan."

Seeya at Farmers' Market, Moscow.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown