[Vision2020] Obesity Compared To Tobacco: Premature Deaths: Physical Activity & Obesity

Joe Campbell philosopher.joe at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 07:53:31 PDT 2009

Obesity is likely genetic to a large extent, too. But one difference
is there is no such thing as second-hand fat. If I eat a hamburger, it
does no damage to the guy sitting next to me. Not true if I have a
cigarette. Laws against obesity would be entirely paternalistic,
protecting people from themselves. Smoking in public places different
in this regard.

Sent from my iPhone