[Vision2020] Camp Sundown Shines in the Bronx (Rick Reilly)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Aug 14 16:55:12 PDT 2009

This article changed my entire attitude toward the Yankees, Joe.

I used to think that the Yankees were nothing more than a well oiled, no
conscience corporate machine that epitomized the concept "If you can't
beat 'em, buy 'em."

To read that the Yankees' GM, along with several high-priced players,
stuck around until almost 4:00 AM just to put smiles on kids' faces, sets
an example that other teams should emulate.

And for the Yankees' media relations guy to spend 14 years coordinating
this into reality exemplifies what baseball should be all about.

After continuously being bombarded with articles about players abusing
performance-enhancing drugs, it's nice to read about the good guys once in
a while.

Seeya at Palouse Pride, Moscow.