[Vision2020] Gay Marriage benefits for Gary

Katherine Sprague kathys at moscow.com
Fri Aug 14 10:13:17 PDT 2009

Gary,
If  Tabitha died tomorrow and I had to fight her family to stay in the home
she and I are buying would you feel any empathy for me as your neighbor? The
fact that I would undoubtedly have to shut down the store would mean UPS
would have to drop off your packages elsewhere. There's a concrete way that
you might be inconvenienced.

What I don't understand is how you can be willing to help me catch my dog or
lock up my store if it is left unsecuredaccindently but you don't give a
rat's ass about my ability to see the woman I love and have made a life with
for the last 18 years if she is hospialized. Write supporting gay marriage
off as being neighborly. Think about all the extra money liberal lawyers are
making off of gay couples that want to insure they can inherit already
shared property. That's money they should be spending on other things and
stimulating the economy. If  Tabitha and I could marry we would be paying
the "marriage penalty" in taxes thus putting more money into the collective
pot.
When one group faces additional hurdles to living the American dream and the
remedy is so simple why put so much effort into denying them that help?
I have a question for you Gary, what harm will come to you personally if the
Lesbians two doors down are allowed to marry?  No church will ever be forced
to perform the religious ceremony if we are given a civil marriage license.
They will maintain their freedom OF religion. I am asking for freedom FROM
their religion.
And for the record I think the smoking ban is ridiculous.

Kathy Sprague