[Vision2020] The most pop-culturally significant song of all time ever in the history of universe (Hint: It ain't by the bug boys from Liverpool)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Aug 13 12:11:00 PDT 2009

John Lennon was extremely political in his thoughts, words, and acts.

Everything from

"Imagine"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okd3hLlvvLw

"God"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv3ic6OOXns

"Give Peace a Chance"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-NRriHlLUk

"Working Class Hero"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njG7p6CSbCU

And many, many more.

Outside of almost anything by Simon and Garfunkel

"The Sound of Silence"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRazxFz9j-M

and (what I think shold be considered an anthem)

"America"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhlZTj2_i3I

And anything by Joan Baez.

I realize that many of these songs are archived from what Kai consideres
the "geriatric" generation.  But it is ALL about attitude.

Just wait until Saturday, Kai, and the 40th anniversary of the greatest
music fest our nation has EVER experienced.  The people are older, but the
attitude remains.  This has been all possible and merely conceivable . . .

"With a Little Help From My Friends"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQYDvQ1HH-E

Seey at Palouse Pride, Moscow.