[Vision2020] The most pop-culturally significant song of all time ever in the history of universe (Hint: It ain't by the bug boys from Liverpool)

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Thu Aug 13 11:48:34 PDT 2009

Back to the original "most culturally significant pop song," I'd have to disagree with Kai and then risk the ire of many of my friends.  I'm afraid the song "Imagine," by Beatle John Lennon, has taken on anthem-like status for everybody in the world who disdains, say, kicking cats.  What used to be a profound song in the eyes of listeners 30 years ago has now become a treacly nod to general warm-fuzzy-happy-place sentiments.

Did you guess that I don't like the song at all, never did, but nonetheless recognize that it's evolved into a force even greater than "Don't Stop Believin'," although I think Steven Perry IS really cute . . .

Keely
http://keely-prevailingwinds.blogspot.com/