[Vision2020] The most pop-culturally significant song of all time ever in the history of universe (Hint: It ain't by the bug boys from Liverpool)

Tom Hansen idahotom at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 13 11:11:19 PDT 2009

And speaking of old songs . . .

Here are a few songs that have been making the rounds longer than most songs, have been ung by more groups than any other songs, and (I suspect) will be popular for a long time to come.

During my tenure at an earlier employment I was called upon many times to lead groups ranging from 40 to over 200 in sing alongs.

Song #1

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Songs/A_Song_01.mp3

Song #2

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Songs/A_Song_02.mp3

Song #3 (my personal favorite)

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Songs/A_Song_03.mp3

Song #4 (the clean version)

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Songs/A_Song_04.mp3

A not-so-clean version of Song #4 starts out . . .

"My girl's a vegetable

She lives in a hospital

I'll buy her anything to keep her alive.

My girl has lots of tubes

That's how she gets her food

I'll buy her anything to keep her alive"

Let me know if you want the rest of the lyrics.

"For a lapsed Lutheran born-again Buddhist pan-Humanist Universalist Unitarian Wiccan Agnostic like myself there's really no reason ever to go to work."

- Roy Zimmerman