[Vision2020] Another Candidate Declares Bid for Moscow City Council

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Aug 13 06:11:18 PDT 2009

Courtesy opf today's (August 13, 2009) Moscow-Pullman Daily News.

Another candidate declares bid for Moscow City Council
Staff report

Posted on: Thursday, August 13, 2009

Lifelong Moscow resident Tim Brown, 62, said Wednesday he will run for one
of three available seats on the Moscow City Council this November.

Council seats currently filled by Walter Steed, John Weber and Bill
Lambert as well as Mayor Nancy Chaney's position are up for election this
fall.

"I ... want to see the city run successfully, and I think it is being run
successfully, and I'd like to help continue that," Brown said Wednesday.

Brown served on the Moscow Planning and Zoning Commission for six years in
the 1980s and has been attending Moscow City Council and committee
meetings for about three months to educate himself on past and future
issues.

The official filing period for city elections begins at 8 a.m. Aug. 24,
and ends at 5 p.m. Sept. 4.

Treasurer certifications can be filed earlier to allow candidates to start
earning money for their campaigns.

Newcomer Scott Billing, 60, is the only candidate to have filed a
treasurer's certification thus far.

Tim Brown
http://www.mhs1965.com/Classmates/TimBrown.html

Seeya at Palouse Pride, Moscow.