[Vision2020] UI Waste & Arrogance

Saundra Lund sslund_2007 at verizon.net
Wed Apr 29 11:41:34 PDT 2009

Darrell,

Thanks for the background -- while we subscribe to the Spokesman, I've not
seen the previous ads you mention.  LOL -- I actually didn't see this ad,
either, until brought it was brought to my attention.  I hope those
advertising dollars are working better in other households & venues!

Since I've completely missed this ad campaign, were the previous ads the
same size, full color, placement, etc. as this one?

Nonetheless, I still think the choice of wording was poor -- how can someone
BE the UI who isn't even here yet and who's hiring is viewed by more than a
few as suspect and evidence of preferential treatment achieved by a special
interest group?

While I sincerely appreciate you straightening me out <g> about the
advertising background, I can only pass on the thoughts that have been
shared with me -- members of the UI community found it distasteful, and I
can't say as I blame them.  It would seem that there's something different
about this ad than the previous ones in the series since my phone wasn't
ringing off the hook about them . . .

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
~ Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2009 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****