[Vision2020] Anyone Else Screwed by FSR?

Mike Hall mikech at fsr.com
Tue Apr 28 17:22:20 PDT 2009

Wayne,

Thanks for your email.  I have pasted below the message that we sent out to all of our valued clients on multiple occasions.  We realize that most change is initially painful or at least bothersome and we were attempting to mitigate that reality by providing upfront help as well as personalized phone service.  It sounds like you have been able to speak with our techs here to get some direction.  If their service was not helpful, feel free to contact me directly and we can arrange for additional help.

We hope that in the long run, the new service will work out for you.  We have heard very positive feedback from folks thus far.

Sincerely,

Mike Hall
Area Sales Manager
First Step Internet
888-676-6377 Ext. 540
208-882-8869
http://www.fsr.com
mikech at fsr.com

First Step Internet is pleased to announce that in response to customer requests and to provide new features we are upgrading our email servers.

Benefits of the new servers are:

New user-friendly webmail interface with a variety of advanced features.
Email storage capacity has been increased for each account.
Support for a richer variety of protocols such as IMAP as well as secured email sending and receiving.
Customers who travel outside the First Step Internet network will want to take advantage of our authenticated sending feature so that you won't have to change your outgoing email server everytime you leave the First Step network.
The date for this new upgrade is slated for the morning of April 14th, 2009.

To make this upgrade possible, we ask that you make sure to remove all email on our side before the deadline. This means you should set your client to download all messages from the server right away and keep it set like that until the new server is in place. If mail is not moved before April 14th, you may not be able to access that mail until the server change is fully complete.

To make sure you are ready for the transition, please click on whichever of the following links applies to you:
- I use Outlook Express (Win98/ME/2000/XP)
- I use Windows Mail (Vista)
- I use Microsoft Outlook 2000/2003 (Windows)
- I use Mac Mail (Mac OSX)
- I use another email client

For customers accustomed to using the webmail interface solely, you are encouraged to use one of the free email programs that come with your computer to download your mail while we transition to the new webmail interface and email server.

If you have any questions about this changeover, First Step Internet Technical Support stands ready to assist you.

This announcement does not affect our customers who use the iMail service to handle their mail.